Asp MVC, Ajax, iQuery, Silverlight, WCF, WF4, WPF, Xaml, WP7, Azur.
2008 - Present Senior Software Consultant Energy Markets, DataGenic Ltd.
- Analaysis. Development, Integration and Deployment for major international clients.
- In house utilities to improve the business process.
- .NET C#, ASP, MVC, Silverlight, WPF, WCF, WF4
- Java, VB, Jboss, Bea, Oracle. SqlServer
2000 - 2008 (!2001) Software engineer, Bfa Ireland.
- Analysis, design and support of new and existing systems.
- Involved in long running cutting edge solutions for automation industry.
- C#, C++, VB, COM, ASP.NET.
2001 Software Engineer, CMG Logica Telecoms.
- Security Service Broker
- VC++, Compaq True 64 C.
1997-2000 Software Engineer, Bluewatch Ltd.
- Charting and graphical solutions for FAME real time database.
- Windows, Solaris, Linux. C++
1995 Software Engineer, Kerry Count Council.
- Small systems database design.
- Network support.
1994 - 1998 Batchelor of Computer Systems, University of Limerick.
- Intensive course covering all apsects of computer science.
- Hands on work experience and final year project.
- TheCameraFly : Aerial photgraphy website.
- GrassManagment: WP7 application.
- SiteDocs : Silverlight LOB application for lifting equiptment.
Brian has been working in the IT industry for the last 15 years. His initial role was as a software developer in the industrial banking sector interacting with Reuters and FAME, on both Windows and Unix environments.
Progressing from there Brian was instrumental in the development of a wireless public key infrastructure system (WPKI) that was adopted and currently utilized by major Telecom providers world-wide.
Brian was one of the early adopters of the Microsoft .NET Framework and was involved in a team that produced proof of concepts for multimedia communication applications, available on most handsets these days.
He then progressed to the role of senior software developer in a Swiss automation company where he was involved, in the migration of mission critical automation processes that, leveraged new technologies. He was part of the architectural team that designed a state of the art manufacturing execution system now used by major manufacturing giants. For the last number of years Brian is working as senior consultant and integration specialist in energy markets ensuring projects provide an unprecedented level of automation and fulfill and surpass all requirements and expectations.
Brian is actively involved in user groups, and works with cutting edge technologies thereby providing a robust set of skills necessary for systems integration.